Sunday, February 20, 2011

Capturing the Moment

This morning was clam, peaceful and cold. I was out driving at 7:30 am and I saw a beautiful scene.  The sun was hitting the tops of the mountains and the moon was still visible just above the mountains. I thought, “Wow! I wonder if I can photograph that?” Unfortunately, I couldn’t.  By the time I pulled over, got out of the car and climbed to the top of a neighborhood hill, the light had changed quickly and the scene changed dramatically.  The moon was barely visible and the light had moved to make all of the mountains lit up (not just the tops). It just wasn’t the same.  However, I turned around and saw the sun coming through the trees and so I took that picture.  Then as I was walking away, I saw the light flowing over the gazebo and trees. and I photographed that too. It turns out that beauty is everywhere!

About the calm, peaceful and cold. I didn’t mind the cold and I loved the peace and quiet.  Thinking back, I wish I could have preserved that moment a little longer.  Oh wait, I did.  The pictures are below. :-)

Sun and Trees1

Gazebo

1 comment:

  1. I guess there's something good about getting up early. :-D

    ReplyDelete