Monday, January 24, 2011

A Capital Idea

Well, I’m on the road again for a day or so.  I went out tonight with two friends (Rick and Greg) and had a terrific Italian Dinner.  After dinner we went for a walk and then ultimately a drive to see some familiar sites.  Can you recognize any of these photos I took just an hour ago?  Oh yeah, they were all shot at night (of course) and hand held.  Other than freezing my fingers off, I know how to use a camera well enough to take these types of pictures without a tripod.  Just as well too because setting up a tripod to take the shots would have meant more time in the cold.

Georgetown Center

This is the center of the district where we went to eat.  If you haven’t tried linguini and lobster in a garlic tomato sauce, I would highly recommend it.

 

Outdoor Mall

The interesting thing about it being so cold is that we had the place to ourselves.  I’ve been here in the summer and you could never get a shot like this because it would be too crowded.  Of course there would be leaves on the trees…

 

Whitehouse

Yes, this is what you think it is. It’s a white house, um, I mean The White House.
Smile

 

Capital

This is called a “drive by shooting” :-)  You can’t actually stop around here and the Police see to that, so you have to shoot from the window of a moving car.  Tough to do but it worked just the same. 

Washington DC is a very cool (and cold) town Smile

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! It looks like a fun night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI - very fun seeing these pics, I forgot that you among all your other talents also have a gift for photo shoots... Your pics are always amazing.. Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI

    Love to read btw way, is me - Cindy

    ReplyDelete